1. Why is ICP filing necessary?
With business certificates, Internet content providers provide web users with paid services like information, web page making etc. through the Internet. Profitable Internet content providers are mainly engaged in online advertisement, web page making, and the provision of specific information with payment, e-commerce and other online application services. The State establishes a licensing system for profitable internet content providers. All companies must get the ICP license. The ICP license is a license that permits companies to be engaged in website operation. As stipulated by The Regulation on Internet Information Services of the People’s Republic of China, profitable websites must get the ICP license, otherwise what they are doing will be regarded as illegal business.
2.Why is it necessary to get the ICP license?
The ICP license is a license that permits Internet content providers to be engaged in website operation. As stipulated by The Regulation on Internet Information Services of the People’s Republic of China, profitable websites must get corresponding ICP licenses, or they will be regarded as illegal business acts. Relevant departments in charge may order anyone who does not obtain a license or file for record for profitable Internet information service to correct their illegal acts within a give time. They shall receive administrative punishments like penalty, being ordered to be shut down etc. Those who commit a crime shall be investigated for criminal responsibility according to law.
3.Procedures to file for record
Fill in information » submit for recording » authenticity check (mail documents, take ID photos) » submit to the Communications Authority for audit » successfully filed for record
4.Information needed for filing for record
A. Main Information: Provide the following main information
B.Provide information about the person in charge as shown in the following picture
5.Documents to be prepared to file for record
Documents needed to file for record:
- Certificates of the organization (business license/organization code certificate)
- Identity documents of the person in charge of the organization (ID card/passport/military identification/Taiwan compatriot entry permit)
- Identity documents of the person in charge of the website (ID card/passport/military identification/Taiwan compatriot entry permit)
- Copy of the domain name certificate
- Verification list about the authenticity of website registration
6.Photo of the person in charge needs to be taken and relevant documents should be sent after the filing passes the first review
- Provide an electronic photo of the person in charge of the website taken in front of a specified blue curtain
- All stamped filing materials
- The concrete documents to be mailed are as follows
After the documents are mailed, it usually takes 15-20 working days for the authority to strictly review the documents. Please file for record about one month before launching the website.